Doctoral Researcher and Tutor
University of Sussex: 2017 – Present
Investigating how tablet technology can be used to support collaboration and social motor synchrony in children with Autism Spectrum Conditions.
University of Sussex: 2013 – 2015
MSc Applied Social Psychology; Distinction
Research project entitled: ‘Variations in Moral Foundations across Social and Economic Spectrums: The use of the new MFV scale to assess Moral Foundations in a British sample’.
University of Portsmouth: 2008 – 2011
BSc (Hons.) Psychology; First Class Honours
Research project entitled: ‘The Relative Importance of Personal versus Social Motivations as determinants of Volunteerism’.
- University of Portsmouth: 2011 – ‘Best Final Project Poster Presentation’
Doctoral Tutor: 2018 – Present
University of Sussex: School of Psychology
- Clinical Psychology
- Social Cognitive Development
Personal Tutor: 2017 – Present
University of Sussex: School of Psychology, and Education and Social work
SERVICE TO PROFESSION
- Interaction Design and Children (IDC) – 2018
Reviewer – WiP, Demo, and Art/ Papers and Notes
- Association for Psychological Science (APS) – 2018
Student Research Award Volunteer Reviewer
RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Mental Health Project Worker 2016 – Present
Sanctuary Supported Living – Brighton
- Supporting adults with mental health issues, autism spectrum conditions and substance misuse issues. Working within a recovery model towards positive goals and independent living.
Home Care Support Worker 2013 – 2016
Brighton and Hove City Council – Brighton
- Support for children with autism and learning disabilities, who present with challenging behaviour, in a respite and residential service.
RELEVANT VOLUNTARY EXPERIENCE
Voluntary Mental Health Worker 2009 – 2011
Portsmouth Mind – Portsmouth
Voluntary Young Leader 2005 – 2008
Girl Guiding UK – Gloucestershire
- Student Member of the British Psychological Society
Member of the Developmental and Educational Sections
- Student Member of the Association for Psychological Science
- Interactive Surfaces and Spaces (ISS) – Brighton 2017
- Interaction Design for Children (IDC) – Tondheim 2018
Presentation delivered in the Doctoral Consortium
- Student Volunteer at Interaction Design for Children (IDC) – Tondheim 2018